At Live Oak Foot & Ankle, we specialize in treating all types of wounds, including diabetic, venous/arterial, traumatic, and difficult to heal wounds. We take a team approach, working with your primary physician, vascular surgeons, orthotists/prosthetists and infectious disease specialists to optimize outcomes.
We utilize a range of cutting edge wound care treatments, including:
- Specialized, task-specific topical medications
- Supplements to optimize wound healing
- Skin graft substitutes (Amnion-Chorion, cultured tissue, etc.)
- Traditional skin grafts
- Hyberbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBO)
- Vascular testing
- Vacuum Assisted Closure (Wound VAC)
Dr. Effren is Board Certified in Wound Care by the Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing (APWH) and spent 14 years on staff at the Ocala Wound & Hyperbaric Center.